Westin’s workplace culture is designed with the associate experience in mind. Here, associates are empowered to be at their best and to infuse a spirit of well-being into each guest experience ensuring guests leave feeling better than when they arrived.
To ensure a clean and pleasant environment for our guests.
What you will be doing
- Ensure that rooms and public areas are cleaned and sanitized to standards
- Ensures that rooms have clean linen, bedding and towels
- Ensures that rooms are stocked with soap, tissues, drinking glasses, etc.
- Reports any non-working equipment or possible repairs to the GM/Maintenance
- Search room for items guest has left behind and turn them into the front desk
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Minimum of one year in Housekeeping role
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Team player
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests
- Knowledge of cleanliness standards
- Able to work flexible shifts
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Ability to lift, pull, bend, twist, push and pull large items continuously throughout a shift
- Subject to the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch continuously to fulfill cleaning tasks throughout entire shift
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team’s decisions; contributes to the team’s efforts.
Schulte Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Westin San Francisco Airport
1 Old Bayshore Highway
Millbrae, CA 94030
Telephone (650) 692-3500
Current Job Openings
- Accounting Clerk
- Assistant Front Office Manager
- Banquet Manager
- Banquet Set-up Attendant
- Complex Assistant Director of Sales
- Complex Payroll Clerk
- Conferences Services and Events Manager
- Cook 11
- Front Desk Agent (Night Auditor)
- Front Desk Agent (Night Auditor)
- Housekeeping Manager
- Restaurant Bartender
- Restaurant Busperson
- Room Attendant
- Sales Manager - OEM