- Managing budgets and financial plans and controlling expenditure
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Setting and achieving sales and profit targets
- Recruiting, training, and monitoring staff
- Planning work schedules for individuals and teams
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Dealing with customer complaints and comments
- Addressing problems and troubleshooting
- Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly
- Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations, and furnishings
- Dealing with contractors and suppliers
- Ensuring security is effective
- Carrying out inspections of property and services
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety, and other statutory regulations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years' experience as a General Manager. Hilton/Marriott experience highly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management or Business preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Financial savvy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.