Ensure that all maintenance functions, including preventative maintenance are completed in a timely manner and are safety compliant.
- Oversees the property grounds, public areas and hotel guest rooms
- Conducts preventative maintenance to prevent breakdowns in hotel accommodations
- Paints, replaces electrical accessories, maintains HVAC
- Responds to guest complaints in a timely manner
- Fulfills work orders in a timely manner
- Completes daily rounds, identifying and reporting problems
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years in a hotel maintenance position
- In-depth knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and general carpentry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Northwest
6930 Intech Boulevard
Indianapolis, IN 46278
Telephone (317) 288-6060