Graduate Hotels®, Graduate Cincinnati is seeking a Bartender to join our Food & beverage team.
Graduate Hotels builds authentic, playful spaces that connect travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it's their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration with local establishments.
Our teams excel in delivering top results while introducing clients and guests to the design and service that have made us one of the fastest growing lifestyle brands in the country. There is never one right answer in hospitality. Come share your past experiences with us, to help write this textbook on service.
- Ensures bar is set up with appropriate levels of liquor, juices, crushes, additives, soda, etc.
- Ensures that the bar, glasses and cutlery is clean and sanitized
- Ensures guests are of legal age to consume alcohol
- Prepares drink orders according to bar standards and guest preferences
- Presents bar bill and takes payment
- Ensures guests are engaged and satisfied
- Monitors guests for overconsumption of alcohol and takes steps as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in a bartending role
- Certification in bartending preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of alcohol serving practices and standards
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally
- Team player
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Functional/Technical Skills
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 15 open and operating hotels across the U.S. and an additional 15 hotels under development slated to open by the end of 2020. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a Chicago-based vertically-integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.