Lead a team of reservationists to handle all telephone inquiries and reservations while providing efficient, accurate and courteous reservation services and telephone solicitations for the collection of Graduate hotels. Manage chat requests and field guest comments for the collection.
Responsible for maximizing revenues and meeting annual budget.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the reservation center including: hiring, training, performance appraisals, counselling, coaching, and disciplinary action
- Assign duties and responsibilities of reservations associates and ensure that work processes are established and executed
- Train the staff and promote the Graduate culture within the department
- Ensure that guest history is updated and acted upon accordingly
- Ensure proper staffing for the reservations department
- Ensure that standards, policies and procedures are properly understood and followed through on
- Handle all guest complaints and comments relating to the department tactfully and promptly
- Develop and update the training materials for the portfolio and keep staff updated on new skills
- Cooperate and coordinate teamwork with other departments
- Work with area Revenue Managers and Field Marketing Managers to keep updated on promotions and packages at the various locations
- Meet frequently with hotel key individuals to review call quality, updates on the hotel and any additional information need for the agents
- Coordinate with Regional Sales and Revenue teams for Fam trips with the various properties in the portfolio
- Create a high performance, revenue-generating team through consistently improving selection, development and retention of reservations agents and supervisors
- Ongoing improvement of training and learning process of the Reservation Sales Department.
- Effective Resolution of Guest Service Issues and proactive approach to Guest Service.
Effective execution of all required processes:
- Data tracking, reporting and auditing (call volume, conversion, abandon, and revenue generation)
- Forecasting call volume
- Scheduling reservations sales agents
- Determining best sales strategy of hotel products
- Effective P&L management
- Maintaining PMS and all other booking systems
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in hotel revenue and/or reservations leadership role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Outgoing personality
- Maintains a professional image at all times through appearance and dress
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Functional/Technical Skills
Graduate Hotel Management is a Division of Schulte Hospitality Group that currently manages the Graduate Hotels® portfolio. Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 15 open and operating hotels across the U.S. and an additional 15 hotels under development slated to open by the end of 2020. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a Chicago-based vertically-integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotel Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2000 High Wickham Place, Suite 300
Louisville, KY 40245