- Acts as evening manager on duty
- Manages hotel's parking and parking attendants
- Monitors daily status of rooms, rates, discount rates, and packages
- Maintains current list of available rooms for walk situations
- Ensures prompt and courteous service to guests
- Monitors VIP arrivals
- Keeps track of rooms to ensure accurate status and readiness for check-in
- Interacts positively and professionally with guests to resolve issues
- Supports restaurant, bar, and room service as needed
- Stays informed of activities and business demands in all areas of the hotel and moves team members as appropriate so excellent overall service is delivered to all guests
- Ability to drive the company shuttle
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 years in hotel front desk operations with at least some experience in a supervisory role
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of hotel Front Desk operations
- Basic understanding of Food & Beverage Operations
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown
1100 Carnegie Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115
Telephone (216) 658-6400