Manage all aspects of one or more full-service food and beverage outlet(s) on a daily basis and coordinate special events. Ensure compliance with standards of service and operating procedures. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health safety or other compliance requirements.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare annual operating budget which supports the overall objectives of the food and beverage outlet(s)
- Achieve budgeted revenues, control expenses and labor costs, and maximize profitability within all areas of the food and beverage outlet(s).
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of restaurant inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and control costs. Participate in taking inventories.
- Drive new initiatives, ensure F&B promotion plan is in place for the year and execute this plan supported with a solid PR activity both print and on social media to ensure the outlet receives maximum exposure in the local market.
- Produce a forecasted financial overview prior to any special events and a post event analysis to quantify results
- Drive the hiring process, including job posting, candidate selection, interviewing and hiring of employees.
- Drive salary, disciplinary, or other staffing-related actions/ Resolve potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and certified if applicable and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include, Culinary, Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Front Office and Guest Services.
- Working closely with the Chef on special events, promotions and the Daily specials to ensure staff are familiar with the menus and events.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests -- to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors -- to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies -- regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Create innovative programs and promotions to market special menu items, increase sales, and increase guest patronage. Assist in the development and implementation of new menus and local food and beverage marketing programs, and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programs.
- Monitor performance of the restaurant through analysis of guest feedback and financial results. Initiate corrective action as needed.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of one or more food and/or beverage outlets. Plan and organize work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all restaurant equipment (coffee and soda machines, registers, etc.) is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all restaurant facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Work closely with Chef to identify pertinent concepts and menu design for the outlet(s). Conduct meetings to inform staff of special promotions, daily specials, and additional information.
- May serve as Manager on Duty
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Ensure that guest property and exhibit materials are handled in a secure and effective manner.
- Perform other duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1-2 years' restaurant management experience in a full service outlet or similar setting. Hospitality Management Degree or some college preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the outlet(s)
- Handling objects, products
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork, ordering, interpreting results, and giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Hotel Indigo Savannah Historic District
201 West Bay Street
Savannah, GA 31401
Telephone (912) 236-4440