To effectively and professionally handle the process for the Banquet functions/events for the hotel.What you will be doing
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales and labor costs.
- Achieve maximum profitability and overall success by controlling costs and quality of service.
- Control of Banquet china, cutlery, glassware, linen and equipment.
- Completion of BEO's in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Produce a weekly schedule for hotel food and beverage staff, according to business levels and labor budgets.
- To supervise and coordinate daily operation of meeting/banquet set-ups and service.
- Completion of Banquet Bar Requisitions.
- Following of proper purchasing and requisitioning procedures.
- Maintain records for inventory, labor cost, and food cost etc.
- Follow-up each functions by completing an event costing and submit to the Sales, Dir. F&B and CEO.
- Attendance and participation of weekly F & B meeting and BEO meeting.
- To assist in menu planning and pricing.
- Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
- Development and maintenance of department manual.
- Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and Plate presentation.
- Ensuring that services meet customer specifications.
- Ensure quality of meeting room set-up. Ensure staff is briefed before the beginning of every event. Ensure rooms are turned around in time for next event.
- Ensure all areas are kept clean, before during and after an event.
- Inspection of Meeting Room prior to guest arrival ensuring that client specifications have been met.
- Co-ordinate the general housekeeping of the Ballroom, Lower Lobby, Lower public washrooms, kitchen, storage areas, entrance areas, etc.
- Participation towards overall Hotel Maintenance and cleanliness.
- Liaise on an on-going basis with the Catering Sales, Chef, and Dir. F&B to ensure all client needs and requirements will be met.
- Work with the Chef and Head Server to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
- Greet the customer upon arrival. Introduce oneself to the host of the event and act as the point of contact during the event.
- Provide quick service for last minute changes.
- Handling customer complaints.
- Work with the Catering Sales Manager to increase sales of the department. Assist with show rounds when necessary.
- Check Staff attitude and appearance.
- Teamwork/Professional relations with co-workers and management.
- Ensure staff is properly trained. Ensure all training checklists are completed on a timely manner.
- Effective communication skills.
- Staff training and development. Annual performance reviews are completed. Ensure ongoing training , coaching and mentoring of the Banquets team
- Department meeting being held monthly.
- Personal development and growth.
- Discipline of Personnel when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or related fields
- At least 2 years' experience as a Banquet Manager or prior experience in managing or supervising a banquet/ F&B team
- Must have a flexible schedule, be highly motivated and quality driven
- Detail oriented yet able to excel while multi-tasking
- Able to accept responsibility and lead by example
- Cash handling and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Schulte Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Westin San Francisco Airport
1 Old Bayshore Highway
Millbrae, CA 94030
Telephone (650) 692-3500
Current Job Openings
- Assistant Front Office Manager
- Banquet Manager
- Banquet Set-up Attendant
- Complex Assistant Director of Sales
- Conferences Services and Events Manager - OEM
- Cook 11
- Front Desk Agent (Night Auditor)
- Front Desk Agent (Night Auditor)
- Housekeeping Manager
- Restaurant Bartender
- Restaurant Busperson
- Room Attendant
- Sales Manager - OEM