Graduate Hotels® is seeking a Bartender to join our team at Graduate Eugene. Graduate Hotels is a hotel collection targeting university-anchored markets across the country that celebrates each town's unique local culture and history.
POSITION PURPOSE: To ensure guest satisfaction through the serving of alcoholic beverages, made to
order as well as personal interaction with the guest.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures bar is set up with appropriate levels of liquor, juices, crushes, additives, soda, etc.
- Ensures that the bar, glasses and cutlery is clean and sanitized * Ensures guests are of legal age to consume alcohol
- Prepares drink orders according to bar standards and guest preferences
- Presents bar bill and takes payment
- Ensures guests are engaged and satisfied
- Monitors guests for overconsumption of alcohol and takes steps as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in a bartending role
- Certification in bartending preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of alcohol serving practices and standards
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally
- Team player
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 15 open and operating hotels across the U.S. and an additional 13 hotels under development slated to open by the end of 2020. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a Chicago-based vertically-integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
66 East 6th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401-2667
Telephone (541) 342-2000