Graduate Hotels®, Graduate Minneapolis is seeking a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our Housekeeping team.
Graduate Hotels builds authentic, playful spaces that connect travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it's their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration with local establishments.
Our teams excel in delivering top results while introducing clients and guests to the design and service that have made us one of the fastest growing lifestyle brands in the country. There is never one right answer in hospitality. Come share your past experiences with us, to help write this textbook on service.
Housekeeping supervisor Responsibilities:
- Schedules room and cleaning assignments to ensure proper coverage.
- Inspects all assigned suites and public areas to ensure furnishings, equipment, linens, etc. are clean and in good repair.
- Performs all housekeeping duties necessary, including making beds, vacuuming and cleaning.
- Verifies and updates status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
- Randomly selects assigned rooms to ensure cleanliness.
- Counsels Housekeepers on discrepancies. Notifies Executive Housekeeper of maintenance repairs necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years in Housekeeping experience
- Minimum of High School education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of hotel Housekeeping operations
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 19 open and operating hotels across the U.S. and an additional 15 hotels under development slated to open by the end of 2020. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a Chicago-based vertically-integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer
615 Washington Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Telephone (612) 379-8888