Responsible for all front office & Service Express functions and staff. Areas of responsibility include Switchboard Operations, Guest Services/Front Desk and Service Express talent members as applicable. As a Guest Service Manager, directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute all front office/service express operations, including guest arrival and departure procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.To ensure a professional, efficient and customer-focused front desk/service express function that contributes to the overall success of the hotel.What you will be doing
- Monitors daily status of rooms, rates, discount rates and packages
- Maintains current list of available rooms for walk situations
- Coordinates blocking of rooms
- Checks printed registration cards against information on arrival report and rectifies any discrepancies
- Ensures prompt and courteous service to guests
- Pre-registers guests according to standards
- Completes and monitors employee schedule
- Monitors VIP arrivals
- Keeps track of rooms to ensure accurate status and readiness for check-in
- Manage Service Express (PBX & Room Service)
- Hires, coaches and disciplines direct reports
- Interacts positively and professionally with guests to resolve issues
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years in Front Desk Operations
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of hotel Front Desk operations
- Walking and standing are required throughout most of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task. Standing may include 4-8 hours with only a few rest periods in any given day. Must be able to sit at a desk for 2-4 hours on occasion.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, Smart Phones (i.e. Blackberry, iPhone), 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Schulte Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Westin San Francisco Airport
1 Old Bayshore Highway
Millbrae, CA 94030
Telephone (650) 692-3500
Current Job Openings
- Assistant Front Office Manager
- Banquet Manager
- Banquet Set-up Attendant
- Complex Assistant Director of Sales
- Conferences Services and Events Manager - OEM
- Cook 11
- Front Desk Agent (Night Auditor)
- Front Desk Agent (Night Auditor)
- Housekeeping Manager
- Restaurant Bartender
- Restaurant Busperson
- Room Attendant
- Sales Manager - OEM