To provide and maintain a clean, efficient and effective kitchen environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all cleanliness and sanitation in the kitchen and adjacent areas
- Creative menu planning to adjust to guest needs
- Oversees food preparation
- Checks quality of food deliveries
- Ensures that kitchen/restaurant areas are clean
- Orders all food and cleaning supplies
- Maintains proper supply levels
- Able to maintain costs within budget levels
- Keep the kitchen properly staffed and manage schedules
- Hires, coaches and disciplines direct reports
- Interacts positively and professionally with guests to resolve issues
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years in kitchen management or as Chef
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of restaurant/kitchen operations
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.