The Project Manager has full responsibility for the delivery of each hotel development from initial budgeting through completion of the final constructed or renovated space.
- Work with our acquisitions team to develop cost models and review proposed lease details for targeted restaurant locations.
- Work with our design team to manage the design process to deliver brand approved designs within project budget constraints.
- Develop and maintain project delivery schedules meeting project delivery requirements.
- Develop initial cost estimates and maintain accurate cost tracking and reporting through project completion including anticipated cost report updates, pay application processing and change order management.
- Manage the bid and award process for each restaurant development based on final approved designs.
- Coordinate with our internal FF&E purchasing department to maintain budget targets and achieve required delivery schedules.
- Travel to restaurant development locations as required to guide job progress and monitor the General Contractor or Subcontractor work deliveries.
- Manage projects to completion including punch list completion and coordination with our Operations teams for a seamless transition process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Construction or Engineering related degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the management of fast casual, fast food or full service restaurant buildout projects as a Project Manager including full involvement in purchasing and negotiating contract awards and material purchases.
- Alternatively, experience with proto-type buildouts, hospitality construction or retail developments requiring on-site management of subcontactor work crews will be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed business writing skills
- Multi-task orientation with strong problem resolution capabilities
- Cost estimating and budget develop experience.
- Ability to produce and update construction schedules
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Project, Excel and Word
- Ability to read and analyze MEP, ID, and Architectural drawings.
- Strong contract and cost management skills
- Ability to manage a General Contractor's on-site work product to maintain schedule and high quality levels.
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Schulte Hospitality Group
2000 High Wickham Place
Louisville, KY 40245
Telephone (502) 489-3737
Current Job Openings
- Area IT Manager- Hotel Support
- Contracts Specialist
- Front Desk/Guest Services
- Graphic Designer
- Guest Satisfaction Manager
- Guest Satisfaction Manager (Marriott Team)
- Housekeeping Staff
- Maintenance Staff
- Office Maintenance
- Project Manager- Hotels
- Project Manager- Schulte Design and Construction
- Regional Controller
- Regional Director of Revenue Management (Marriott Team)
- Regional Vice President of Operations - Select Service Hotels
- Restaurant Staff
- Staff Accountant
- Task Force Director of Sales - Remote Based
- Task Force General Manger - Remote (Marriott Team)
- Task Force Operations Manager (Marriott Team)
- Vice President, Revenue Management (Marriott Team)