- Promotes hotel's policies and philosophies to associates and guests through direct and indirect interaction.
- Creates the hotel's annual budget, monitors and measures performance of assigned hotels and coaches as appropriate throughout the year.
- Provides effective people leadership of assigned hotels by attracting, motivating, developing, rewarding and retaining top talent.
- Implements programs that meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the Vice President of Operations and COO.
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Ensures a professional image at all times through appropriate business appearance and dress.
- Follows and promotes company policies and procedures and is able to effectively articulate and present the Company's vision and values.
- Performs other duties are assigned to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for the overall Revenue, Sales, and Operational Performance of each asset in his/her region.
- Responsible for GSS Performance of each hotel in his/her region, ensuring all hotels exceed the Brand average and do not fall below the Brand Required minimum threshold.
- Promote Company's policies and philosophies to all General Managers. Ensure proper follow up and follow thru on company deadlines and initiatives.
- Consistently and proactively measure hotel performance (Sales, Revenue, Market Share, GSS, GOP, Accounts Receivable) to ensure hotel exceeds target goals.
- Responsible for ensuring all hotels are meeting the Brand Guidelines for service, quality, training, and product. All hotels must pass annual of bi-annual inspections.
- Conducts weekly calls focused on monitoring hotel performance and updating any general concerns.
- Conducts a minimum of three (3) property visits per year utilizing the Property Visit Tool, Report, and Agenda.
- Effectively monitor Accounts Receivable performance monthly to ensure company compliance by all hotels.
- Conduct annual General Manager Performance Evaluations.
- Conducts monthly P&L Reviews with each General Manager to ensure focus on areas of opportunity and develop actions plans to improve performance.
- Review of Monthly Performance Reviews by each property.
- Participate on Weekly Revenue Calls regarding Focus Assets or those not meeting RPI goals.
- Works jointly with the Regional Revenue Manager and Regional Director of Sales in their region to ensure Sales, Marketing, and Revenue strategies are in line allowing us to achieve RPI goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Hotel or Restaurant Management or related field.
- Ten (10) years hotel leadership experience preferred.
- Four (4) or more years multi-hotel leadership experience with Marriott branded hotels required
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and deep understanding of all aspects of hotel operations.
- Must be detail oriented, with strong self organization and communication skills.
- Promotes an atmosphere of teamwork with the ability to lead by example.
- Builds morale and spirit while instilling an industry leading guest service attitude in all associates.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- "Hands-on" leadership approach to management and team development.
- Must be able to prioritize Regional functions in order to meet all deadlines.
- Executes all performance management, oversee recruitment & retention programs to include bonus program & annual reviews.
- Well-versed in strategic planning and operational execution
- Excellent communicator and dynamic presenter.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct with clear communication.TRAVEL: Up to 75% of time
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Schulte Hospitality Group
2000 High Wickham Place
Louisville, KY 40245
Telephone (502) 489-3737
Current Job Openings
- Area IT Manager- Hotel Support
- Contracts Specialist
- Front Desk/Guest Services
- Graphic Designer
- Guest Satisfaction Manager
- Guest Satisfaction Manager (Marriott Team)
- Housekeeping Staff
- Maintenance Staff
- Office Maintenance
- Project Manager- Hotels
- Project Manager- Schulte Design and Construction
- Regional Controller
- Regional Director of Revenue Management (Marriott Team)
- Regional Vice President of Operations - Select Service Hotels
- Restaurant Staff
- Staff Accountant
- Task Force Director of Sales - Remote Based
- Task Force General Manger - Remote (Marriott Team)
- Task Force Operations Manager (Marriott Team)
- Vice President, Revenue Management (Marriott Team)