Position Purpose: The Vice President, Revenue Management (Marriott Team) is responsible for maximizing room revenue through the development and implementation of effective inventory management and pricing strategies for multiple hotel properties. Examples include establishing strategies designed to increase top-line revenue, support sales and operations teams with associated revenue management issues, and participate in annual budgeting. The VP of Revenue Management will create forecasts and conduct on-going competitor price/product analysis to ensure competitive rate positioning and product offerings at each hotel property.
Job Responsibilities and Essential functions:
- Maximize room revenue, profit and market share associated with rooms.
- Manage the processes associated with demand, revenue, forecasting, and opportunity analysis in addition to inventory management.
- Continually train and develop Hotel/Regional Directors of Revenue Management to perform at a higher level.
- Identifies future market trends and hotel opportunities and effectively communicates through reports and updates.
- Coordinates and participates in Revenue Management meetings.
- Ensures that a strategic mix of business and pricing strategies are set for each hotel based on market conditions to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Continuous analysis of competitive sets, pricing positions, market conditions, seasonality and mix.
- Define action plan if planned financial targets are not met.
- Collaborate with key business partners to define annual promotion calendar and identify promotional key success indicators, as well as plan targets for next year.
- Use all Yield Management and reporting tools available to maximize efforts.
- Manage property participation and production through relevant Internet sites and other distribution channels.
- Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations departments.
- Plan effectively within the revenue management function and integrate with Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations.
- Ensure that the Senior Leadership Team is kept up to date on accurate revenue forecasting and pricing strategies, as well as product and promotion performance.
- Present Senior Leadership Team with pricing strategies and forecasted impacts.
- Drive revenue through promotions and placement with distribution partners.
- Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as SHG standards and procedures.
- Utilize systems and resources including One Yield, MRDW, HPP, and CI/TY.
- Review STR reports and provide analysis of hotel performance against their comp set.
- Travel regularly to the hotels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's in Hotel Management, Business and/or related degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of executive leadership in Revenue Management discipline in Marriott Ecosystems as well as 4+ years in an above property revenue leadership role
- Experience with hotel sales software such as CI/TY preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional service and customer relations skills with ability to foster effective relationships with staff, management and clientele.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate ideas and concepts.
- Highly proficient in computers including, but not limited to Internet, Microsoft Office programs and hotel sales related programs.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Schulte is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Schulte Hospitality Group
2000 High Wickham Place
Louisville, KY 40245
Telephone (502) 489-3737