Graduate Hotels®, is seeking a Guest Service Representative to join Graduate Lincoln and its wonderful team of hospitality enthusiasts.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, playful spaces that connect a community's travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it's their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets guests as they arrive, focusing on personal recognition in a warm and authentic manner
- Reviews arrival list daily and assists in preparing and assembling welcome amenities
- Escort VIPs to room and check them in prior to arrival
- Answer the telephone within three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed
- Responsible for issued bank - count bank at beginning and end of shift.
- Ensure that all cash drops are done in accordance with proper cash handling procedures and report all cash over/ shorts to management
- Maintains front desk area to be clean and organized
- Assisting with lobby activation as needed
- Utilize proper procedures when handling guest PPI data
- Understands the key points to communicate for a Graduate Arrival experience
- Follows through and feels ownership of guest requests
- Resolves guest complaints in a professional and efficient manner
- Actively participates in Front Desk upsell program
- Always retrieve necessary identification documents and form of payment upon guest arrival
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior Customer Service Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 19 open and operating hotels across the U.S. and an additional 15 hotels under development slated to open by the end of 2020. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a Chicago-based vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.