Graduate Hotels®, is seeking an Accounting Clerk to join Graduate Nashville and its wonderful team of hospitality enthusiasts.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, playful spaces that connect a community's travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.
We are a diverse team of experience4 makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it's their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Balance Income Journal each day and finalize. Work with night audit team to understand discrepancies or adjustments.
- Perform daily processing of cash drops and preparation of bank deposit.
- Daily reconciliation of cashier deposits and credit card deposits.
- Assist with the monthly house bank audits and distribution.
- Verify coding of Accounts Payable invoices and submit for processing. Reconcile any vendor statements monthly.
- Prepare Accounts Receivable invoices and distribute to clients. Maintain accurate record of collection efforts and payments.
- Assist Regional Controller and Staff Accountant in the monthly account reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare month end reports and data for corporate accounting team and communicate and changes.
- Review weekly forecast with General Manager for any reclasses or accruals.
- Provide information and/or support as needed for annual budget process.
- Ensure all reports are kept in storage in compliance with the hotel's established retention period
- Accomplish tasks by established deadlines
- Ensure SOP's are followed, internal controls are maintained and provide communication if attention is needed
- Act as a storyteller for our Brand, our Hotel, and its decor
- Work with colleagues to deliver inspirational service
- Any other job duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School or equivalent education required
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in Accounting/Finance or Business Education
- 1+ years of Accounting experience preferred, preferably in a hotel environment
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to apply mathematical operations to tasks
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, with most proficiency in Excel
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 19 open and operating hotels across the U.S. and an additional 15 hotels under development slated to open by the end of 2020. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a Chicago-based vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.