Work today, get paid today! Hotel Washington believes you should be in control of your income, that's why we're proud to partner with DailyPay, giving you access to your money when and where you need it!
Hotel Washington is seeking a dynamic, service-oriented Human Resources Manager to join our team! HW is an organization whose success is rooted in its service culture. Our mission is to exude hospitality, be respectful and authentic, prioritize the needs of our internal and external stakeholders above our own, and continuously strive to make a positive impact in all we do. We are passionate hoteliers eager to add like-minded people to our rapidly growing team!
What's in it for you? When you join Hotel Washington you'll be part of a team committed to an inclusive, employee-focused workplace that is invested in your development. We want you to feel engaged, empowered, and excited to grow with us. After all, we believe our greatest and most valuable asset is our people! HW provides a rewarding, fun and flexible work environment, exciting perks, a robust benefit package and an atmosphere designed to encourage and promote career growth within the company.
Our Company: Hotel Washington is a division of Schulte Companies, a leading third-party management company with deep, multi-generational experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. We are a diverse team of innovative hoteliers and restauranteurs operating more than 200 locations across 38 states and 3 countries. Our portfolio includes a wide array of reputable brands like Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt as well as many unique, independent, boutique and lifestyle properties and restaurants.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Business Partner to Operations providing HR guidance as an expert in employee relations and practices
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Serve as a policy expert to assist Operations management in adherence of company policies, processes and practices.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Leads recruiting and talent management efforts for Operations to ensure effective, efficient and legally compliant processes; trains managers to recruit and assess talent consistently, effectively and in accordance with company guidelines.
- Coordinates onboarding activities for new managers, as well as facilitation, consultation and guidance for all employee status changes including but not limited to promotions, pay changes, transfers, leaves of absence, disciplinary actions, off-boarding and unemployment related matters.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR function to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance and consultation to Operations (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides HR guidance to Operations and delivers training as defined by HR and Operations.
- Partners closely with Operations to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and employee retention.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, performance management, and succession planning.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of HR programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Actively participate in HR meetings to ensure deployment and process consistency in the field.
- May provide leadership to special projects as assigned
- Perform various other duties as assigned to meet business objectives
Education And Experience
Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration or related field
Two to three (2-3) years progressive human resources generalist/manager experience.
Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including recruiting, talent management, training, compensation practices, performance management, culture development, employee and union relations, federal and state respective employment laws.
Union experience a plus
Proficient in HR information systems, preferably ADP
High proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge and deep understanding of all aspects of human resources and hotel operations
- Strong conflict management and consultation skills
- Promotes an atmosphere of teamwork with the ability to lead by example
- Builds morale and spirit while instilling an industry leading guest service attitude in all associates
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal communication skills
- "Hands-on" leadership approach to management and team development
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Must be objective and approachable and able to balance support of management while acting as employee champion
- Positive presence and command skills
*Hotel Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
515 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20004
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Chef
- Busperson/Server Assistant
- Chef de Cuisine
- Director of Catering and Conference Services
- Director of Engineering
- Food & Beverage Director
- Food & Beverage Manager - The
- Food Server
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Agent
- Guest Service Manager
- Housekeeping Manager
- HR Coordinator - /
- Human Resources Manager
- In-Room Dining Server
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Security Officer
- Spa Esthetician
- VUE VIP Experience Manager