Work today, get paid today! Hotel Washington believes you should be in control of your income, that's why we're proud to partner with DailyPay, giving you access to your money when and where you need it!
Hotel Washington is seeking a dynamic, service-oriented Guest Service Manager to join our team! HW is an organization whose success is rooted in its service culture. Our mission is to exude hospitality, be respectful and authentic, prioritize the needs of our internal and external stakeholders above our own, and continuously strive to make a positive impact in all we do. We are passionate hoteliers eager to add like-minded people to our rapidly growing team!
What's in it for you? When you join HW you'll be part of a team committed to an inclusive, employee-focused workplace that is invested in your development. We want you to feel engaged, empowered, and excited to grow with us. After all, we believe our greatest and most valuable asset is our people! HW provides a rewarding, fun and flexible work environment, exciting perks, a robust benefit package and an atmosphere designed to encourage and promote career growth within the company.
Our CompanyHotel Washington is a division of Schulte Companies, a leading third-party management company with deep, multi-generational experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. We are a diverse team of innovative hoteliers and restauranteurs operating more than 200 locations across 38 states and 3 countries. Our portfolio includes a wide array of reputable brands like Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt as well as many unique, independent, boutique and lifestyle properties and restaurants.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitors daily status of rooms, rates, discount rates and packages.
- Maintains current list of available rooms for walk situations.
- Coordinates blocking of rooms.
- Acts as the "Service Champion" for the Front Office and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations
- Ensures recognition of employees is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures staff communicates effectively with the Housekeeping team.
- Maintains productive relationship with Valet Parking provider.
- Regularly reviews department budget to meet budgeted wages and general expenses.
- Checks printed registration cards against information on arrival report and rectifies any discrepancies.
- Ensures prompt and courteous service to guests.
- Pre-registers guests according to standards.
- Completes and monitors employee schedule.
- Monitors VIP arrivals.
- Keeps track of rooms to ensure accurate status and readiness for check-in.
- Hires, coaches and disciplines direct reports.
- Interacts positively and professionally with guests to resolve issues.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required.
- Works nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Perform various other duties as assigned to meet business objectives
Education And Experience
Minimum of three (3) years in similar leadership role. (I.E. Front desk supervisor, Assistant Front Office Manager, etc.)
Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
Basic math skills
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Strong leadership skills
Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
Excellent time management skills
In-depth knowledge of hotel Front Desk operations
Work Today, Get Paid Today With Daily Pay!
Track your daily income with updates after every shift you work
Transfer your earnings instantly or next day
Automatically save a portion of your paycheck
In addition to DailyPay, HW offers a robust selection of perks/benefits that include, but aren't limited to: Paid Time Off, Unlimited Referral Bonuses, Growth and Career Opportunities, Hotel Discounts, 401K, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Pet Insurance, Dependent Tuition Benefits, EAP Program, Marketplace Discounts at various retailers such as Disney, Apple, AT&T, Verizon and more, and a flexible and fun working environment!
*Hotel Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
515 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20004