Work Today, Get Paid Today! The Hotel Washingtonbelieves you should be in control of your income, that's why we're proud to partner with DailyPay, giving you access to your money when and where you need it!
The Hotel Washingtonis seeking a dynamic, service-oriented General Manager-VUE-Rooftop to join our team! HW is an organization whose success is rooted in its service culture. Our mission is to exude hospitality, be respectful and authentic, prioritize the needs of our internal and external stakeholders above our own, and continuously strive to make a positive impact in all we do. We are passionate hoteliers eager to add like-minded people to our rapidly growing team!
What's In It For You?When you join HW you'll be part of a team committed to an inclusive, employee-focused workplace that is invested in your development. We want you to feel engaged, empowered, and excited to grow with us. After all, we believe our greatest and most valuable asset is our people! The Hotel Washington provides a rewarding, fun and flexible work environment, exciting perks, a robust benefit package and an atmosphere designed to encourage and promote career growth within the company.
Our CompanyHotel Washington is a division of Schulte Companies, a leading third-party management company with deep, multi-generational experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. We are a diverse team of innovative hoteliers and restauranteurs operating more than 200 locations across 38 states and 3 countries. Our portfolio includes a wide array of reputable brands like Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt as well as many unique, independent, boutique and lifestyle properties and restaurants.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Directs subordinates to accomplish goals and objectives of the operation.
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Food and Beverage team
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Work within budgeted guidelines in relation to Food, Liquor Costs and Payroll
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Knowledge about food and beverage service equipment and production practices.
- Ensures the proper preparation and service of food and beverages to the satisfaction of guest, standard operating procedures, health and safety standards.
- Review employees' challenges referred from the supervisory staff and follows up as needed. Handle disciplinary problems and performance manage employees according to hotel standards.
- Creates and develops menu prices, beverage lists and prices, and is responsible for the selection of condiments, linens, uniforms and décor used with the property's facility and in line with brand requirements.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal controls within the department.
- Purchasing responsibility for the food and beverage departments while managing costs.
- Oversee the proper use of food and supplies to meet budgetary guidelines.
- Perform various other duties as assigned to meet business objectives
Education And Experience
- Independent boutique experience highly preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading food and beverage operations
- Bachelors Level and/or Culinary Degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Ability to provide legible communication and directions
- Familiarity with food and beverage costs controls.
- Ability to accurately compute mathematical calculations or employees of organization
- Outgoing personality
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
Work Today, Get Paid Today With Daily Pay!
Track your daily income with updates after every shift you work
Transfer your earnings instantly or next day
Automatically save a portion of your paycheck
In addition to DailyPay, The Hotel Washington offers a robust selection of perks/benefits that include, but aren't limited to: Paid Time Off, Unlimited Referral Bonuses, Growth and Career Opportunities, Hotel Discounts, 401K, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Pet Insurance, Dependent Tuition Benefits, EAP Program, Marketplace Discounts at various retailers such as Disney, Apple, AT&T, Verizon and more, and a flexible and fun working environment!
- Hotel Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
515 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20004