Work today, get paid today! The Hotel Washington believes you should be in control of your income, that's why we're proud to partner with DailyPay, giving you access to your money when and where you need it!
The Hotel Washington is seeking a dynamic, service-oriented Food & Beverage Manager to join our team! HW is an organization whose success is rooted in its service culture. Our mission is to exude hospitality, be respectful and authentic, prioritize the needs of our internal and external stakeholders above our own, and continuously strive to make a positive impact in all we do. We are passionate hoteliers eager to add like-minded people to our rapidly growing team!
What's in it for you? When you join HW you'll be part of a team committed to an inclusive, employee-focused workplace that is invested in your development. We want you to feel engaged, empowered, and excited to grow with us. After all, we believe our greatest and most valuable asset is our people! The Hotel Washington provides a rewarding, fun and flexible work environment, exciting perks, a robust benefit package and an atmosphere designed to encourage and promote career growth within the company.
Our CompanyHotel Washington is a division of Schulte Companies, a leading third-party management company with deep, multi-generational experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. We are a diverse team of innovative hoteliers and restauranteurs operating more than 200 locations across 38 states and 3 countries. Our portfolio includes a wide array of reputable brands like Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt as well as many unique, independent, boutique and lifestyle properties and restaurants.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist the General Manager with all administrative and operational duties linked to managing the VUE Rooftop bar/restaurant.
- Assist with all marketing efforts to include social media grassroots community marketing and other promotions. Building community relations is critical.
- Look at innovative ways to increase the VUE revenue steam by partnering with suppliers or event planners and organizing themed events or finding new ways to revitalize bottle service.
- Create, implement and enforced VUE SOP in regards of service, upselling, etc…
- Work closely with the VUE culinary leaders and bartenders to ensure quality consistency and presentation of all food and beverage products delivered to guests based on all VUE established standards
- Trains and develops staff on steps of service and following drink recipes and techniques.
- Recommends to senior management operational enhancements that support initiatives and promote excellence.
- Review the VUE Daily Revenue Report and compare it to the monthly department forecasted revenue and recommends corrective measures as needed.
- Controls all labor and food/beverage cost percentages.
- Monitors profit and loss statements to ensure objectives are met and recommends corrective actions as required.
- Develop department members’ knowledge and skills through education training coaching corrective counseling etc.
- Demonstrates a commitment to ensuring responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations
- Ensures prompt and discreet notification to appropriate management of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels to best manage labor costs while maintaining outstanding guest service as well as union staffing requirements.
- Stays abreast of the current trends and practices within area of responsibility and communicates pertinent information to management peers’ direct reports and team members as appropriate.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces.
- Master all aspect of the Collective Bargain Agreement and build a strong working relationship with the VUE Union leaders.
- Ensure payroll and gratuity are closed and submitted in timely fashion and scheduled posted as required by the CBA.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a BS/BA degree in related field and/or two (2) to four (4) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal and/or State.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts practices and procedures.
- Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return giving each guest a positive memorable entertainment experience.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals
- Must present an image of excitement enthusiasm and outgoing personality while being able to project a professional appearance
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Able to perform a variety of complicated tasks
- Must possess good communication and multi-tasking skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and a strong ability to defuse
- Union Labor relation experience preferred but not required.
Work Today, Get Paid today with DailyPay!
Track your daily income with updates after every shift you work
Transfer your earnings instantly or next day
Automatically save a portion of your paycheck
In addition to DailyPay, The Hotel Washington offers a robust selection of perks/benefits that include, but aren't limited to: Paid Time Off, Unlimited Referral Bonuses, Growth and Career Opportunities, Hotel Discounts, 401K, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Pet Insurance, Dependent Tuition Benefits, EAP Program, Marketplace Discounts at various retailers such as Disney, Apple, AT&T, Verizon and more, and a flexible and fun working environment!