Assistant General Manager – Annapolis, MD
Posted march 23, 2023
Graduate Hotels® is seeking an Assistant General Manager to lead Graduate Annapolis and its brilliant team of hospitality enthusiasts.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, spirited spaces that connect travelers, students and locals alike. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their communities.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it's their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.
Graduate Hotels is proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified™, proving that our associates feel our commitment to cultivate a culture of inspirational and supportive leadership.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Managing budgets and financial plans and controlling expenditure
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Setting and achieving sales and profit targets
- Recruiting, training, and monitoring staff
- Planning work schedules for individuals and teams
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Dealing with customer complaints and comments
- Addressing problems and troubleshooting
- Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly
- Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations, and furnishings
- Dealing with contractors and suppliers
- Ensuring security is effective
- Carrying out inspections of property and services
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety, and other statutory regulations
Education And Experience
- Minimum of two years' experience as an Assistant General Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management or Business preferred
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Financial savvy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
About Graduate Hotels®
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are 35 hotels across the U.S. and U.K. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit www.graduatehotels.com.
126 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Telephone (410) 263-7777
Managed by Graduate Hotels