Schulte Hospitality Group is seeking a dynamic, service-oriented Executive Chef to join our team! SHG is an organization whose success is rooted in its service culture. Our mission is to exude hospitality, be respectful and authentic, prioritize the needs of our internal and external stakeholders above our own, and continuously strive to make a positive impact in all we do. We are passionate hoteliers eager to add like-minded people to our rapidly growing team!
What's in it for you? When you join SHG you'll be part of a team committed to an inclusive, employee-focused workplace that is invested in your development. We want you to feel engaged, empowered, and excited to grow with us. After all, we believe our greatest and most valuable asset is our people! SHG provides a rewarding, fun and flexible work environment, exciting perks, an atmosphere designed to encourage and promote career growth within the company and a robust benefit package including, but not limited to:
Work Today, Get Paid today, with Daily Pay!
Free Telemedicine and Virtual Mental Health care access for All Associates starting day one!
Multiple Health Insurance and Life Insurance options
401k Plan + Company Match
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Schulte Savings Marketplace Discounts on event tickets, electronics, gym memberships + more!
Our CompanySchulte Hospitality Group is a division of Schulte Companies, a leading third-party management company with deep, multi-generational experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. We are a diverse team of innovative hoteliers and restauranteurs operating more than 200 locations across 38 states and 3 countries. Our portfolio includes a wide array of reputable brands like Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt as well as many unique, independent, boutique and lifestyle properties and restaurants.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for long- and short-term planning and day-to-day operations of the kitchen and related culinary departments.
- Manage associates and managers in the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees while providing a safe environment; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles and discipline and terminate as appropriate.
- Plan and manage the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food in the hotel in a safe, sanitary, cost effective manner.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment, which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate, and franchise standards and regulations.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department's budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives.
- Develop and implement menus and back-up (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc.) within corporate guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Execute and promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
- Perform various other duties as assigned to meet business objectives
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a culinary leadership role
- Food safety certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests