Schulte Hospitality Group is seeking a dynamic, service-oriented Director of Sales to join our team! SHG is an organization whose success is rooted in its service culture. Our mission is to exude hospitality, be respectful and authentic, prioritize the needs of our internal and external stakeholders above our own, and continuously strive to make a positive impact in all we do. We are passionate hoteliers eager to add like-minded people to our rapidly growing team!
What's in it for you? When you join SHG you'll be part of a team committed to an inclusive, employee-focused workplace that is invested in your development. We want you to feel engaged, empowered, and excited to grow with us. After all, we believe our greatest and most valuable asset is our people! SHG provides a rewarding, fun and flexible work environment, exciting perks, an atmosphere designed to encourage and promote career growth within the company and a robust benefit package including, but not limited to:
Work Today, Get Paid today, with Daily Pay!
Free Telemedicine and Virtual Mental Health care access for All Associates starting day one!
Multiple Health Insurance and Life Insurance options
401k Plan + Company Match
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Schulte Savings Marketplace Discounts on event tickets, electronics, gym memberships + more!
Our CompanySchulte Hospitality Group is a division of Schulte Companies, a leading third-party management company with deep, multi-generational experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. We are a diverse team of innovative hoteliers and restauranteurs operating more than 200 locations across 38 states and 3 countries. Our portfolio includes a wide array of reputable brands like Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt as well as many unique, independent, boutique and lifestyle properties and restaurants.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain and promote a teamwork environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers through positive leadership
- Provide pricing and guidance recommendations to sales staff, review and approve any special corporate negotiated rates
- Develop a working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including food and beverage, guest services, reservations
- Develop a complete knowledge and ensure adherence to company sales policies and SOPs
- Drive customer loyalty to grow share of the account by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Provide guidance for RFP Season Annually to National Sales with the help from GM and/or Regional DOS & National Sales
- Ensure all pertinent aspects of solicitation, closing, and customer communications are complete and documented for the team
- Identify and pursue new and repeat business through prospecting calls, visits, site tours, lunches, and networking events
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies
- Analyze sales and revenue management reports to identify trends and future demand opportunities Monitor pricing, MAR and other minimums to ensure pricing is within an acceptable range based on available inventory, current sales/revenue strategies and market demand
- Participates in forecasting for revenue and expenses
- Conduct ongoing competitor price and product analysis to ensure proper rate positioning and product offering relative to competition
- Conducts weekly and monthly share analysis for measurement of hotels market performance versus competition and implements strategies accordingly in conjunction with the Regional Director of Sales, Regional Director of Revenue Management, GM
- Recommend and implement new sales programs at the hotel and accurately track ROI
- Initiates collateral and online marketing efforts to include all printed sales collateral, direct mail, discount promotions, e-mail marketing, website presence and tracks ROI on all advertising and marketing spend
- Prepares annual marketing/business and budget plans
- Set and monitor team member goals including weekly sales activities, room night and revenue goals monthly, quarterly, yearly
- Abides by Prime Time Selling hours
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned
Education And Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Administration, Business, or Marketing
- Minimum of 5 years in progressive hotel sales with leadership responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Strong analytical skills relative to impact on hotel revenues
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of revenue management principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, focus on Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must have flexible work hours that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays